Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time flies. . .

I am terrible about updating, but I really should. Life just flies by and time just slips away and find that it has been almost 11 months since I posted last. So what's new with us? Tim is still working with my dad. It's busier in the summer than other times of the year so it means we have limited time to travel and such when it's sunny . . .but we are so thankful for a job in this economy. It puts food on the table, lets us do a few fun things, and provides for our needs. For that we are incredibly thankful. He still loves to bike ride and only wishes he had more time for it.


Zach turns 4 this month. I don't know where the time has gone and can hardly believe that he will be starting preschool this fall. He can't possibly be that old! We have him registered for a preschool that is part of one of the local highschools. Students who have a desire to work with kids after graduation use these preschoolers to help develop skills that they will need as well as developing portfolios to aid them as they graduate and pursue careers in education/early child learning/etc. So Zach gets to be a part of that three days (about 6 hours) a week. And since it is funded primarily through the highschool, the price is definitely right. We did try to enroll Zach in swimming lessons this past summer but while I have trouble keeping my fish out of water, it still needs to be on his own terms, so we "unenrolled" after only two classes. We've since discovered that he hates having water in his ears!

Eli is 14 months old and is into everything. He only has the confidence to take a few steps at a time, but I'm okay with that :) It's better than chasing two boys who  move at breakneck speed at the moment :) He is the happiest kid except when he's getting teeth, which has been much of the past month. He has 4 molars now, so we are hoping for a reprieve for awhile. We do a lot of story times, summer kid matinees at the theater, and trips to the park.


I have been knitting and spinning. It's nice to have a hobby that I can do while spending time with the kids. Last month I got to take a spinning class. It was alot of fun! Just this past week I got to go down to Portland for Sock Summit 2011, which is, for lack of a better explanation, a knitting convention. It was so fun to meet people that I've chatted knitting with online for a couple of years, to take a class and to see some really great yarns and fibers in person.



While on our vacation we got a chance to see The Kenagy family, to take the kids to the Oregon Zoo, and to take Eli to his first Mariner's game with Uncle Jim and Aunt Nancy- almost 8 years after Tim and I went to a game on our honeymoon.  It's hard to believe that we celebrate 8 years of marriage in a couple of weeks! Like I said at the beginning. . .time flies!! It's crazy how much we've been through and experienced in those years. . .We feel blessed. We ARE blessed. Now hopefully it won't be another year before I update again :)

No comments: